Customer Service Officer
We are recruiting Customer Service Officer to work for our client based in Hull.
- Location: Hull
- Duration: Ongoing
- Immediate starts
- Ongoing work
Role of a Customer Service Officer:
- To provide a full range of office based services, this includes taking and distributing minutes, writing letters and emails to the public, members and internal and external agencies, relaying information and solving service problems using information provided by the relevant Service Manager and from all customer information systems. Answering customer and call centre telephone queries and enquiries and conducting word processing duties and producing spreadsheets.
- Provide service support duties of a routine and complex nature involving highly sensitive and confidential information, requiring initiative and a degree of interpretation to support the delivery of statutory services including, but not limited to waste collection, waste disposal, street cleansing, grounds maintenance, arboriculture, public conveniences and fly tipping.
- To handle, investigate and resolve, complex customer queries, concerns and complaints relating to a broad range of environmental services across to ensure excellent customer service and to meet the customer promises and service standards across the service.
- Responsible for maintaining, inputting, validating, analysing and extracting up to date, accurate quality data across a range of technical, service specific and corporate systems. Creating, collating and distributing requests for service to enable the efficient delivery of frontline services.
- Provide feedback to call centre agents and the Customer Experience team on Call Centre service requests using the corporate CRM system. Updating the 'Stop Press' on the 'A to Z' to provide timely customer-facing information via the Call Centre.
- To use a range of specialist IT packages to ensure the Policy and Partnerships team operates efficiently.
- Processes requests for goods and services following procurement procedures. Verifies deliveries, resolves discrepancies as necessary and prepares and processes financial documents for payment.
- Processes a range of authorised cash transactions
- Maintains and reconciles associated records.
- Maintains a range of confidential filing systems including sensitive personal information, involving creation, updating/tracking, retrieval, archiving and destruction in accordance with statutory and departmental requirements.
- To provide cover for Senior Officers team by handling incoming telephone calls, managing telephone messages and taking the appropriate action.
- Maintain accurate records of operational and customer activities and transactions in ICT systems.
- Allocation of service delivery work to operational crews, monitoring its return and subsequent completion. Using initiative and independence reallocate non-completed work to staff and highlight to line management, identifying service delivery failures to the Customer Service Officer.
Customer Service Officer essential skills:
- A good standard of general education including good applied literacy and numeracy skills.
- GCSE Maths and English (C and above) or demonstrable relevant experience
- Experience of working to deadlines whilst handling conflicting priorities
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Ability to identify and escalate service failures from routine service requests
- Experience delivering excellent customer service
- Experience of using Microsoft office systems effectively
- Good literacy and a high level of accuracy in data management, record keeping and data entry
- A sound knowledge of communication and customer care skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to communicate information about the service and to respond to queries, complaints and requests for information
- The ability to produce a range of written material including emails and letters
Benefits of working with us as a Customer Service Officer:
- 28 Holidays per year
- Weekly Pay
- Pension Scheme
- Employed Status
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Mortgage references
- My Extra Rewards- An online portal offering vouchers and discounts
If you are interested in the Customer Service Officer position please click apply
Extra Personnel do NOT charge any fees for our services.
Extra Personnel Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Start date: ASAP Duration: on going